Sunday, July 30, 2006

Blog, Sex, Stay at Home Moms

Think that the aforementioned headline, with those keywords, will get me at the top of a Google page view? Maybe. That is just one of the strategies I learned about how to get more site traffic at the BlogHer '06 conference in San Jose over the weekend.

I absorbed so much information that I have to download myself. Suffice it to say, Lisa Stone, Elisa Camahort and Jory Des Jardins have started something special with BlogHer, an online community for women bloggers. Over 700 strong in San Jose, for the conference's second year.

The most interesting part of the weekend? Meeting the wonderful folks who influence opinion and ignite discourse with blogs such as Mochamomma (shout out to my girl Kelly, heck yes hair is political!) Liza at Culture Kitchen; Negrophile (hey George, my fellow povocateur in print), Tiffany B. Brown (not be confused with Tiff Black, a former Inky online editor), Fizzle (prayers that your adoption in Ethiopia goes well, Fizz); and my dear friend Kim Pearson, who is the person who encouraged me to blog in the first place.

And as soon as I figure out how to do it, I'll give all my new pals some link love on a blog roll.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fizzle said...

Love goes both ways, Free Flowin' Annette. I'm linking to your site on my blog right now.

Great to meet with you, share a lunch time of true discussion from our myriad of perspectives and learn more about what you're up to.

I'm reading through your posts - you're an excellent writer (goes with the territory, I'm sure), but you know, I had the same thoughts about Oprah and Gayle. Two women. Friends. Close. The Big O's not married. And suddenly she's gay.

I guess we all better worry. A weekend with other women bloggers in San Jose. It's only a matter of time before we're the poster children for the Lesbian Alliance.... ;-)

10:06 PM  
Blogger ElisaC said...

Thanks Annette. It was nice to actually sit still for a few moments and be able you talk to you on Saturday. We appreciate you coming so far to check BlogHer out.

Do just want to point out that Jory Des Jardins is the third part of the BlogHer founding team...we couldn't do it without her!

See you in Chicago next year :)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Mocha said...

Yay! I finally got my behind over here to check you out. In fact, I was fooling with Technorati and hopped over here from another place.

Where is our podcast? I've misplaced the card I got from Ponzi, but I want to listen to it.

I'll be keeping in touch. It's not everyday that you get to meet a wise, wonderful woman such as yourself.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home