Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A Blogging Community That Cares

After I wrote Wednesday's column about blogging building community, I received an email from Cynthia Walker, who shared this link that was posted in tribute to her daughter, Jenn See, who passed away suddenly of a heart condition in June at the age of 26.

The post, Walker says, "addresses the very essence of your article."

Another emailer, Anna Beale, a BlogHer conference-goer, writes of women bloggers: "I love the notion that it is not all you or all me in this realm (blogosphere)...Not about you bulk up my blog or me yours, but that we can ally in a synergy far stronger than any part could be."

She also directed me to a Philadelphia-based online community, Womenmatter, which is in search of more writers. I checked it out. It seems a little heavy on medical/health subjects; some diversity in topics would be nice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the mention. I hope you got a chance to go on Jenn's blog and check out some of the archives. Especially the one dated 6/23/06 (the day after she died) Cynthia

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home