Tuesday, August 15, 2006

It's Whatever


This week's column examines the gold-tooth cheesin', oversized clock adorned, Nordic helmet wearing phenomenon that is Flavor Flav. His VH1 reality show, Flavor of Love, became an instant cult classic last season thanks to the outrageousness of its star. I mean, who else would have the nerve to publicly woo Brigitte Nielsen - as Flav did on The Surreal Life - besides Rocky?

I cut Flav a break. His past life as hype man for legendary Public Enemy still carries a lot of weight in hip hop circles. But that women who pooped on Flav's marble staircase? Somethin's got to go.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again you are right on point with your analysis. I turned to his show once last season and didn't watch an entire 5 minutes, felt my time was better used somewhere more productive, like cleaning the lint screen.... Anyway great article.

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annette,

Girl you are right on with this comment but sadly I do watch his show each week. In fact I look forward to it as my late night entertainment.

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree somethings got to go, but let it not be Flava Flav!!! He may be goofy but his show has become a hit.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hopefully, the show will soon make it's way to the reality show wasteland. Unfortunately there's a cable channel for that too.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Fizzle said...

I've got to watch this show, at least once, but I can't bring myself to watch Flav just unravel. I had a conversation with a friend about Flavor Flav of the PE years and of today. What happened that he became a reality tv rehash wonder for the money? it just doesn't fit.

has chuck d. commented on his metamorphosis?

6:08 PM  
Blogger Annette John-Hall said...

Fizz,

Last year, Chuck publicly denounced VH1 and Flav, accusing him of exploitation.

As for the money, well, cash doesn't legitimize foolishness.

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flavor Flav is not worth watching or talking about....

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home